Ride Sports ANZ Pty Ltd
Last Updated 1st July 2018
Ride Sports ANZ Pty Ltd ABN 38 625 108 910 ("Ride Sports/us/we/our") respects the privacy of individuals. This Policy sets out the way in which Ride Sports and its related bodies corporate (as defined by the Corporations Act 2001) ("we" or "us") collect, hold, use and protect your personal information.
By visiting our website, placing an order with Ride Sports, or providing us with your personal information, you agree to your personal information being collected, held, used and disclosed as set out in this Policy. References to 'website' include the following: http://www.thok.com.au or any other site, services (including web-services), software, application or media managed by Ride Sports.
Revisions to this Policy
Your continued use of our websites, placement of an order with Ride Sports or the provision of further personal information to us after this Policy has been revised constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy.
What Information we collect
We collect information necessary for us to process your orders or provide you with other services and/or the assistance you have requested. Where practicable, we will give you the option of interacting with us anonymously.
The personal information which we collect from you and hold ("Information") includes information such as your first and last name, postal address, telephone and mobile number(s), details of your order, email address, IP address and credit card details. In respect of your credit card details we only hold some information, as detailed further below.
How do we collect Information?
We collect your Information in various ways, including when you:
- visit any of our websites (including any application managed by Ride Sports);
- when you "Like" or "Follow" our Vimeo, Youtube or Facebook pages or participate in any surveys, promotions and competitions through these platforms
- place an order via online ordering (whether on our website itself or in an application);
- request a quote, place an order or otherwise enquire or correspond with Ride Sports;
- enter into a competition or promotion through any medium;
- subscribe to our newsletter mailing list;
- participate in a survey;
- participate in focus groups, polling and market research activities;
- apply for a job with us;
- submit website feedback;
- submit any query to the Privacy Officer.
Wherever possible Ride Sports will collect your Information directly from you. However, there may be occasions when your Information is collected from someone else. Where Ride Sports collects your Information from someone else, Ride Sports will take reasonable steps to inform you of this. Irrespective of the source, your Information is collected, held, used and disclosed by us in accordance with this Policy.
How do we use Information?
We use your Information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include, but are not limited, to the following:
- providing you with email and/or SMS confirmation of your order;
- providing you with the assistance, products and/or services you have requested;
- processing any job application you may submit;
- processing any orders you place with us;
- determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites;
- judging competitions, fulfilling prizes, awards and purchases;
- keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as goods and/or services;
- conducting market research (including focus groups, panels and surveys) so that we can better understand the needs of our customers and tailor our future products and services accordingly;
- sending you offers or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you (if you have consented to receiving such);
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information;
- used to assist in the delivery of your order to your door and to verify your credit card payment;
- stored to help you remember and re-order from our products list in future; and
- used to provide you with an email or SMS to inform you when your order is on its way or ready for pick-up from Ride Sports;
- requesting your feedback on our products or service;
- responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
- unsubscribing your details from our databases;
· sales trends analysis, stock management and sales and stock reporting;
· any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information; and
- to prevent fraud, comply with any legal obligation or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Credit card details
Ride Sports does not store any credit card details for online orders.
Internet orders through Ride Sports can be paid by debit card or a valid credit card. We accept credit/debit payments via PayPal on check out. Your credit card details are required to process payment on the internet order system however they are not saved once the order is processed.
Further information regarding payment terms and methods for Ride Sports can be found in our Terms and Conditions here.
The only credit card details we hold are: the name on the card, expiry date and the masked version of the code (ie first 6 digits and last 4 digits).
Third Party disclosure of your Information
Where appropriate, Ride Sports and its related bodies corporate will share your Information between themselves and with other third parties, including:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted to us;
- our related entities and third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf (for example third parties processing your online payments, IT and cloud storage service providers and processors, third party suppliers providing our SMS service and mailing houses);
- entities which you have expressly allowed us to disclose your Information to;
- if your personal information is collected in connection with a joint promoter or service provider, to that joint promoter or service provider for marketing and research purposes;
- if you place an order via our websites, mobile site or app, your details will be passed on to our credit card processor who will receive your credit card details for such orders. Presently PayPal provide this service and PayPal is a secure internet payment gateway that secures your credit card number during transmission. See https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/payflow-payment-gateway for further details;
- agents, affiliates or service providers who act for or on behalf of us in connection with our business, or for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the Information was originally collected;
- any other third parties notified to you at the time of collecting your Information or after the collection of your Information.
Some of our related entities and third party service providers are located in countries outside of Australia (including but not limited to the Philippines, India, United Kingdom, New Zealand, United States of America, Germany, The Netherlands, Japan, France, Belgium and Ireland). Our contracts with these parties generally include an obligation for them to comply with Australian privacy law and this Policy. However you acknowledge that, by agreeing to the disclosure of your Information to these entities outside of Australia, we will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the overseas recipient's compliance with the Australian privacy law in relation to your Information and we will not be liable to you for any breach of the Australian privacy law by these overseas recipients and, on this basis, you consent to such disclosure.
Access, accuracy and security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your Information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information. Please let us know if you believe that any of your Information requires updating or correction.
You can request access to and correction of your Information that we hold at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us (see "Contact Us" section below).
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no data protection or security measure is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Information, particularly in relation to online transmissions. You must take care to ensure you protect your Information (for example, by protecting your usernames and passwords) and you must notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches.
With the exception of when you apply for a job with us, we will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as health information or information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs).
When you apply for a job with us, we collect the following details from you: full name, date of birth, whether you are legally allowed to work in Australia, whether you are an Australian citizen, home address, contract telephone numbers, email address, employment records and your gender.
Where applicable, you acknowledge consent has been provided for us to collect and use the sensitive information above for the purpose of assessing your suitability as a Ride Sports employee.
Each time you visit the our websites our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server's IP address.
Ride Sports may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the websites is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. Ride Sports may use this information to evaluate and improve the Ride Sports website.
With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our sites.
Links to other sites
How to unsubscribe from the THOK mailing list:
1. Click on the JOIN link on the THOK home page
2. Enter your current mailing list information, then simply click "Unsubscribe".
3. Click the “submit” button to stop receiving newsletters.
If applicable, to stop receiving the SMS service, follow the instructions contained in the SMS.
To remove your details from any of our marketing and communication databases, please contact us here for further details.